Comment on page
Manage Instance Roles
HarperDB users can be managed directly through the HarperDB Studio. It is recommended to read through the users & roles documentation to gain a strong understanding of how they operate.
Instance role configuration is handled through the roles page of the HarperDB Studio, accessed with the following instructions:
- 1.Navigate to the HarperDB Studio Organizations page.
- 2.Click the appropriate organization that the instance belongs to.
- 3.Select your desired instance.
- 4.Click rules in the instance control bar.
Note, the roles page will only be available to super users.
The roles management screen consists of the following panels:
- super usersDisplays all super user roles for this instance.
- cluster usersDisplays all cluster user roles for this instance.
- standard rolesDisplays all standard roles for this instance.
- role permission editingOnce a role is selected for editing, permissions will be displayed here in JSON format.
Note, when new tables are added that are not configured, the Studio will generate configuration values with permissions defaulting to
- 1.Click the plus icon at the top right of the appropriate role section.
- 2.Enter the role name.
- 3.Click the green check mark.
- 4.Configure the role permissions in the role permission editing panel.Note, to have the Studio generate attribute permissions JSON, toggle show all attributes at the top right of the role permission editing panel.
- 5.Click Update Role Permissions.
- 1.Click the appropriate role from the appropriate role section.
- 2.Modify the role permissions in the role permission editing panel.Note, to have the Studio generate attribute permissions JSON, toggle show all attributes at the top right of the role permission editing panel.
- 3.Click Update Role Permissions.
Deleting a role is permanent and irreversible. A role cannot be remove if users are associated with it.
- 1.Click the minus icon at the top right of the schemas section.
- 2.Identify the appropriate role to delete and click the red minus sign in the same row.
- 3.Click the red check mark to confirm deletion.