Custom functions are a key part of building a complete HarperDB application. It is highly recommended that you use Custom Functions as the primary mechanism for your application to access your HarperDB database. Using Custom Functions gives you complete control over the accessible endpoints, how users are authenticated and authorized, what data is accessed from the database, and how it is aggregated and returned to users.
- Add your own API endpoints to a standalone API server inside HarperDB
- Use HarperDB Core methods to interact with your data at lightning speed
- Custom Functions are powered by Fastify, so they’re extremely flexible
- Manage in HarperDB Studio, or use your own IDE and Version Management System
- Distribute your Custom Functions to all your HarperDB instances with a single click