Custom Functions Operations
One way to manage Custom Functions is through HarperDB Studio. It performs all the necessary operations automatically. To get started, navigate to your instance in HarperDB Studio and click the subnav link for “functions”. If you have not yet enabled Custom Functions, it will walk you through the process. Once configuration is complete, you can manage and deploy Custom Functions in minutes.
- custom_functions_statusReturns the state of the Custom Functions server. This includes whether it is enabled, upon which port it is listening, and where its root project directory is located on the host machine.
- get_custom_functionsReturns an array of projects within the Custom Functions root project directory. Each project has details including each of the files in the routes and helpers directories, and the total file count in the static folder.
- get_custom_functionReturns the content of the specified file as text. HarperDB Studio uses this call to render the file content in its built-in code editor.
- set_custom_functionUpdates the content of the specified file. HarperDB Studio uses this call to save any changes made through its built-in code editor.
- drop_custom_functionDeletes the specified file.
- add_custom_function_projectCreates a new project folder in the Custom Functions root project directory. It also inserts into the new directory the contents of our Custom Functions Project template, which is available publicly, here: https://github.com/HarperDB/harperdb-custom-functions-template.
- drop_custom_function_projectDeletes the specified project folder and all of its contents.
- package_custom_function_projectCreates a .tar file of the specified project folder, then reads it into a base64-encoded string and returns that string the user.
- deploy_custom_function_projectTakes the output of package_custom_function_project, decrypts the base64-encoded string, reconstitutes the .tar file of your project folder, and extracts it to the Custom Functions root project directory.